Wednesday, May 15, 2019

0 Score and 7 Years Ago

I'm back! Life has moved fast since my last post. Back in 2012, I started working as the Educator/Assistant Curator at the Schenectady County Historical Society. I was with SCHS for five years before moving to the Arkell Museum in 2017 as the Curator of Education & Public Engagement. In March of this year, I was made the Director of Education & Public Engagement.

On a more personal note, in 2014 I married my wonderful, history loving, exhibit panel reading husband, and last December we welcomed our daughter MiniMuse to our family, which already included two cats and a very exuberant dog. In mid-March, our family relocated to just outside of Kansas City, Kansas for my husband's job. I am still job searching and am introducing MiniMuse to the awesome museums in our new community.

Hubby & MiniMuse checking out a Monet at the Nelson-Atkins
I love getting to hang out with the baby, but I really miss work. So, I thought this would be a good time to dust off the keyboard and get back in the blogging game. My plan is to look at the trends and news impacting our field, and there is certainly plenty of material!

No comments:

Post a Comment